Light, a material
emdelight®-glass is the innovative material for creative architects, interior designers and product designers.
Light as opposed to lighting
When it’s light, the panels appear as high-grade, slightly translucent glass. When it’s dark, they transform into a source of light. Without the use of filters, the self-lighting glass converts light into individual, versatile design media.
- Light emits from one or two opposing edges of the glass into the glass.
- The glass is coated with a white or coloured screen pattern.Each dot screens the emitted light according to the screen configuration.
- The screen structure is calculated based on panel size and pane thickness to produce a harmonious distribution of light throughout the glass.
- The panes are coated with ceramic inks. The ink is baked to create a durable coat that is scratchproof, colourfast, acid and alkaline resistant and thermally stable.
- The average coverage or screen percent per pane of 12-15 percent largely preserves the transparent character.
- Glass with a low iron oxide content (white glass), which is especially pure and clear, is used.
emdelight®-glass comes in various configurations, making it extremely versatile:
- Single-pane, tempered safety glass
- Laminated safety glass
- Insulated glass
- Flat or round shaped glass
- Slightly translucent plastics (e.g. acrylic)
- 1600 mm x 3000 mm
- is max. size for homogeneous illumination
- Pane thickness is between 8 and 15 mm
- Custom sizes are available; consult factory or sales agent
- Reduced electricity consumption
- Electrically safe due to operation on safety low voltage (max. 48 V )
- Unrivalled long service life
- Minimum thermal stress
- Extremely compact dimensions mean little installation space is required